Saturday, November 30, 2013

Making Lists for Writer's Workshop



I'm planning on starting Writer's Workshop with my kindergarten students on Tuesday.  Here are my lesson plans for the first 3 days:

Day 1:  Discuss the purpose of writing and the different types of writing.
    Answer these questions:   Why do writers write?  What do writers write?

Day 2:  Talk about making illustrations and labeling pictures.
    Activity- Draw an illustration about Christmas and label it.

Day 3:  Talk about writing lists.
     Answer these questions:  Why do people make lists?    What do people put on lists?
   Activity-  Make lists about farm animals, wild animals, pets, or insects.

I was looking on Mrs. Bremer's kindergarten website http://mrsbremersk.blogspot.com/
and she had some great ideas about making lists in kindergarten.  So, I made a few of my own word cards and lists to go along with learning about insects and animals.



You can check out all of the lists and download your own free copy HERE.

1 comment:

  1. This text may be value everyone’s attention. How will I learn more?
    Floor marking tape

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...