Monday, September 19, 2011

Apples!

Here's some of the apple work that we have been doing in kindergarten and first grade.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

I have apples with the numbers 1-20 on a pocket chart.  I hide a worm behind three of the apples.  Every day we count to 20 using the apples and then I call on students to guess which number the worm is hiding behind.  It is really good for number recognition to 20.
I found the idea on the Kindergarten Kindergarten website.
Click on the picture to download your own copy.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4KuXXVR3_27ZWY1MmM3OGUtYzI0YS00NTE1LWFhY2QtYTExOWI5NDI5NTU4

Here is a great apple counting mat that I use with red and green pom-poms.  I can't remember where I downloaded the mats from, but you could probably make your own.  Let me know if you know where they came from and I will link to the proper website



Putting apples in order by 5's.

Thanks,
    Miss Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...