Sunday, October 20, 2013

Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors

I also teach the Kindergarten and First Grade Sunday School class at my church.  We made this cute project to go along with learning about Joseph and his coat of many colors.
Before class, I cut a bunch of construction paper into one inch strips.  I also drew the outline of a coat on a strip of white bulletin board paper.

When the kids arrived at class, I showed them how they could take a few strips of paper and cut them into small pieces.

Then, I showed them how to glue the pieces onto the coat.

It was a great fine motor activity, as well as following directions.  One of my students was having a hard time understanding that he had to glue the paper inside the outline of the coat, not outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...