Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fun Friday!

I try to set aside part of the day or all of the day on Fridays for "Fun Friday." 
The students have fun and they don't necessarily know that they are learning from the fun.  Here's a look at what went down yesterday for "Fun Friday"!  



Pattern Blocks

Working with Magnets

Spinning Tops to Build Fine Motor Muscles

Dress up Clothes

Counting pictures and matching them to numbers and number words.



More Number Matching

Looking for the apples under the sight word cups.

I always hid the spiders under the number pumpkins, but some of my students started playing the game by hiding the spiders under the number pumpkins and the practice words.

Drawing Monsters using the Step by Step Cards

Putting the alphabet in order.  Usually, they will ask if I will give them a dollar on their dollar charts for completing the whole alphabet.

One students decided to write the whole alphabet on our practice boards.

One of my first graders taught his friend how to draw bubble letters!  Or should I say the bear taught the giraffe to write with bubble letters!

Name Practice in Shaving Cream!

I love all of the details!  This was drawn by a kindergartener.  Look at the curtains in the window, the door knobs, and the smoke coming out of the chimney!

My mom sent me some colored leaves from Ohio to show to my Floridian students :)  I showed some of the kids how to make leaf rubbings.

Keeping them busy at the end of the day, so I can get the rest of the room ready for Sunday School class, since our classrooms also function for Sunday School rooms on Sunday.
Please leave me a comment and let me know if you set aside any special times during the week.
Thanks,
Miss Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...